Wednesday, April 30, 2008

M & M Day

Since I woke up at 5:00 am Monday morning, I have been looking forward to the weekly "Mommy & Mia Day" happening today. I began to day dream about the wonderful things we would do, not including any chores that could spoil our day.

Well, it has been such a wonderful day. This morning we woke up with Daddy so we could take him to work. With smiles and kisses, we sadly said goodbye to daddy, excited to see him in just a few hours. Then our day began!

We took a ride to the Focus on the Family Bookstore where we were able to buy Mia some new books and a toddler bible. We got books that included "If Jesus Came to Visit Me," "The Tale of Three Trees," "You are Special," and "A Bug Collection." SO CUTE! Of course Mia picked them all out herself, so I couldn't say no!


Mia's Uncle Nate met us at the bookstore in between his classes to take us to lunch. After much debate, Uncle Nate concluded that the ever delicious Fat Burger Restaurant would be the best choice for our lunch outing. As mommy wolfed down a delicious turkey burger, Mia sat there patiently, trying to get Uncle Nate to feed her a few french fries. Good thing mommy was there...no need to start fattening her up!




After lunch, Mia and mommy made our way to the mall where we were both able to get a brand new pair of shoes. Mia got some adorable little white shoes with hearts around the side. They will be perfect with her dress for dedication this Sunday. Mommy got a brand new pair of black high heels -- they make her legs look good!




After all that adventure, it was definitely time to go home for a nap. With out belly's full, we took a snugly nap on the big recliner. It was so relaxing.


Well, it's finally time to go pick up daddy! I wonder if his day was as exciting as ours?...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm so glad to hear that you two spoiled yourselves today! You deserve it! Love the photojournalistic pictures too! Miss you!

~Nikki

Ammie said...

Your baby girl is SO beautiful! I'm glad you stopped by my blog, I just started it a little while ago....its very addicting. Im enjoying married life! I do miss my family in the springs though.

Elise said...

Hi Erin

What a perfect M and M day. I love buying books for Savanna, every time I walk into a book shop I always come out with at least one book for her. You seem to have such a good range of books over there. I sometimes see books on the blogs I read and try to get them here in Australia. They are sometimes difficult to get here. I guess I should start trying to source them from the internet. Mia sure does have good taste in books as she chose such interesting looking ones.

Good to see you're getting in early with fostering the love of shoe shopping!! Those shoes for Mia's dedication are just adorable.

A cuddle and nap on the recliner sounds like bliss. What a beautiful thing it is to just sit and snuggle with your baby, I just adore it.

Hope you have a lovely week

Hugs
Elise

Stephanie said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad you and Mia had such a great day together - she's such a cutie!

And every momma needs some a new pair of black high heels every now and then ;)

Serah said...

What a fun day! Didn't you have just the best time?

The Three Trees is such a great book. Enjoy reading to Mia!

Tabitha said...

How lovely, a day just for you two!
I love the little shoes, they are so cute.
I like buying books with my daughter Lauren and we can spend hours in a book shop together!!
Your daughter is just gorgeous!!
love and hugs
Tabitha X

April said...

sounds like a wonderful day...Chloe has that same Beginner Bible....we love it !!

have a happy day

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a special day for both of you! How fun! I need to have a mommy and daughter day, too!

My daughter would have scarfed up the french fry and asked for "dip dip" for it, too!

kari and kijsa said...

What a fabulous day filled with memories to last forever!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa