With Thanksgiving tomorrow, and Internet access limited today, I am feverishly jotting down my Thanksgivings. At first I thought, don't do anything corny like a top ten or anything. But. Really? Is the tradition of listing out that which one is thankful for really all that corny? I don't want to commit a major blog faux pas, but I embrace the importance of truly remembering all those things that I take for granted and should always remember to be thankful for.
Without further ado, my top ten thanksgivings:
- My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who bears my horrible sins upon His own shoulders in order to rescue me from an eternity of despair and utter damnation
- My husband who loves me through all my flaws, idiosyncrasies, and stretch marks
- My beautiful daughter who lights up my face and my heart at the mere mention of her name
- A family who loves me through thick and thin, and who decided that normal just wasn't going to be them
- Friends that are there to the very end...even when the distance seems cavernous
- A job that helps provide for our family financially and bring me a little bit of joy throughout the day
- A house, two vehicles, lots of "stuff" and all the other little comforts that put me in the world-wide minority rather than majority
- A country that allows me to practice my beliefs and live my own life without fear of losing it
- Belonging to a church that believes in preaching the truth, protecting orphans and widows, and being involved in the community we live in
- The gifts and abilities that the Lord has blessed me with for a certain purpose, revealed at only those perfect moments
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Try looking at things optimistically this weekend. You truly do have it better than you probably remember.