Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Suntans and Snow Angels

It's Springtime in the Rockies. Yesterday it was a beautiful 75 degrees with no clouds in the sky. The mountains were standing tall, still sparkling from the previous snowfalls. Everyone was cheery and eager to be outside in the gorgeous weather. Today...it is terribly cold with large, fluffy snowflakes dropping furiously from the sky. Yup. Springtime in the Rockies. Tomorrow the snow heads out, and we are back at beautiful 70+ degree weather. I know what you are thinking...we are so bipolar here in Colorado!

Since the weather was too icky to be outside, Mia and I went on a little a little adventure with grandma in tow. We conquered the world of commerce with our pockets full of daddy's money! It was a blast. Mia slept most of the time, obviously bored with mommy's fussing about. Mommy tried to find the ever impossible cute outfits to cover her postpartum body. The previous work wardrobe of pregnancy comfort must be set aside for "real" work clothes. However, being far from her size 6 body, we feverishly searched for those perfect items to do the trick for now. Here are a few of the items I found (I do love Target):

~ This shirt I just absolutely love! It is adorable when it is on~

~ This Henley sweater I got in a chocolate brown and pink. Super cute!~

~ This skirt I got in a khaki/neutral color. I would have purchase black too, but they didn't have my new size. ~

~ This shirt I got in plain white...you can never go wrong with one of these! ~

I did find some other finds on the sale rack which are just as cute as these listed. All in all, our little outing was a success. And, with only half of our play money spent, we will be heading out soon for another round!

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hear ya on the "once I was a size 6"...currently I'm on a hardcore mission to return there! Fingers crossed!

Those are some really cute items. I may have to check it out!

And I saw on the news about the snow...I just don't get it. Did someone forget to tell the Rockies it was Spring? :) At least you'll get warmer soon though!!

Elise said...

I know after I had my little girl I wondered what on earth I wore before I was pregnant. I needed an entire new wardrobe.

Sounds like you had the perfect weather to shop. That chocolate brown and pink sweater sounds very sweet. You found some great buys that seem versatile, look great and comfortable.

You did well to not spend all of your "play money" at once. How did you manage that? I have to say, now that I am a SAHM and have not returned to work, I find it easy to stick to set budgets and rarely have a desire to spend money on myself. Isn't it funny how that works?

Lindsey said...

Oh, I remember the post baby shopping. You poor thing! It is almost 2 years, and I am a 6 again (at least at the Gap, but we all know how they size) but it is all distributed differently.

I am so jealous you get to shop with your baby. A used to be like that, but since she got older, she detests shopping. Not my kid!