Friday, April 25, 2008

This is it...

...my last day of maternity leave. Granted, I do have the weekend, but this is officially the last day of recorded maternity leave.

I got up early today, hoping to thoroughly enjoy this day to the max. How, though, do I manage to squeeze all the hours, moments, and giggles into one last 24 hour period? I've painstakingly tried to plan out the last perfect day, but fear that I may be spending more time trying to plan the day than actually enjoy it.

To be honest, though I know that I need to go back to work, and most likely it will get a little easier once in the swing of the new routine, I am completely dreading Monday. I fear that Mia will forget all of our fun, and not desire her mommy as much. I get nervous about her crying and the fact that I won't be there to comfort her. I dream of those precious little moments that I will miss, not gettng a chance to see all the little ways she slowly changes. Oh how my heart breaks when I think about it.

If you think about it, please pray for me. I know that I'm not the first woman to go back to work, leaving her precious little one behind, but it is a new experience for me. I hope to handle it with grace and strength.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will definitely say a prayer for you. I know how difficult this is, trust me. I did it less than a year ago and cried and cried. But I was fine. You will be stronger than you think :) Enjoy your weekend and take in as much as you can!

April said...

ditto Stephanie...you will be just fine....

Elise said...

Hi Erin

Mia's desire for you will not be lessened in any way just because you return to work. There will always be those funny voices, faces, etc that only you, as Mia's mummy can do which will make her giggle and provide her with so much fun. Try as someone else may, they will never be able to have the bond and fun that you and Mia have together. Returning to work could never change this.

I will certainly be thinking of you on Monday and praying for you my friend.

Sending you strength and hugs for Monday. You won't be far from my thoughts.

Elise

Elise said...

Hi Erin

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you head off to work this morning.

Sending hugs
Elise

Tabitha said...

Hi Erin,
Just left a comment on your most recent post, but just wanted to say that I keep a little diary for each child that I care for ~ with pictures and note what they have been doing each day ~ when they go home the parents take it with them each night ~ so they can see what their little one has been doing!!
I know that who ever is looking after Mia may already do this ~ but if not ~ it is a nice idea!!
Hope it went well,
Tabitha XX