Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sweet Nothings

"Honey, thank you for making our home a fun place to come home to."

"Baby, you are such a wonderful person. I love you."

"Sweatheart, you are such a great wife and mother."

"You are so beautiful. How did I ever deserve to have you as mine?"

As the days and weeks goes by, it is so easy to get caught up in the routines that consume our waking moments. It's an early "rise and shine" as we hurry to get daddy out the door and to work. When we return from bring daddy to work, it's time for baby to eat. Depending on her mood, it could take 30 minutes or 1.5 hours to eat and go down for a nap. Mommy hurries to squeeze in a shower, get ready for the day, and make the bed before feeding number 2. Then depending on how Mia is feeling, mommy could have lots of time to get chores done, or we could spend all day cuddling and playing (I prefer these days.) At 4:00 pm, mommy has to start getting dinner ready or it just won't be ready when we get home. At 5:10 pm we have to leave to pick up daddy from work. We return, eat dinner, go to the gym, give Mia her feeding and then go to bed. The next day, it starts all over.

Though I love the days that I have had, and have absolutely no regrets, it can wear on you as you see nothing of gain in what you do. The next day, the house is dirty again. Dishes will need to be done, no doubt. Mia will always have a diaper to change. Laundry continues to pile up. Though I thoroughly enjoy doing the things around the house that keep it up and orderly, I do like a little something more every now and then.

Well, the above statements have been my reward the last few days. I can't tell you how much joy it brings to the soul when you hear that whispered right before you close your eyes for the night. My heart just skips a beat knowing that my husband wouldn't choose anyone else, and that he longs to come home because we are there. What a wonderful reward it has been!

3 comments:

Elise said...

It sure is a wonderful feeling to know that you are appreciated.

Before long, beautiful Mia will also be letting you know what a great job you are doing as she will be able to join with her daddy and show her apprecaition through her giggles and smiles.

Donna Lynn said...

It is beautiful to read your comments on your life as a young mother, I too know this joy! I gave birth to all three of my sons at home and nursed them all for 2 yrs. each! Sometimes I thought it would never end and now I have a 22yr. old, a 20 yr. old and my baby was 16 yesterday, don't hurry a thing! The best advice I got was this: Pray for your childs spouse everyday, pray for their protection, and this is a saying I kept close to my heart, "This too shall pass..." It made those hard days easier knowing it was not forever. Check out my blog, if you scroll throught the past posts you can read about my boys!
Bless you, Donna Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I told my boyfriend about your blog. I think it is so awesome when men reassure women that they are the only one's they want to be with. I told him- I pray that is your reaction with me every day that we are married. He told me not to worry about that. LOL! :) Hope you are having a great day. BTW...I don't know if I told you--I would at a daycare for children with special needs. I work with the infants (6 weeks to 12 months)....So I LOOOOOOOOOVE babies...So I am sure I will be making tons of comments and sending hugs to baby Mia from Texas.