Thursday, April 3, 2008

The creative touch (or so I pretend)

In between the many feedings and diaper changes, my newest creative assignment happens to be invitations for my brother's upcoming wedding. The Save-The-Date cards have already been completed, so it's on to the next big mailing. Yes, I know. It is much easier for them to purchase their own invitations - which is still an option on their end. However, why not create something that isn't "run of the mill" for the event of your lifetime? I wanted to provide them with just a few options to get their mind thinking about other options. Not to mention, I can make them cheaper than what they would pay to purchase them - SCORE!

Her colors are simply black and white with the only color being red roses. So, here are the few samples I came up with:


This one is a 4"x9" horizontal, fold-over invitation. The ribbon inside is an antique lace. This isn't quite black and white but rather a cream type. It's a little older looking, but I like how unique it looks.


This square 6"x6" invitation is my favorite! The specialty paper has metalic writing on it with "lovey dovey" statements. The ribbon is a deep wine red velvet. Totally classy!


This invitation is the first one I created off of her simple invitation requests. It is a simple one-sided card in strictly black and white. The ribbon is daisy flowers and simply wraps around the bottom of the invite.


This invitation opens exactly like any greeting card. It has the same wine colored velvet ribbon on the front with a specialty paper that has simple raised white bumps. Inside is strictly black and white.

So far, my (future) sister-in-law likes the square one the best. She comes in next week to talk about options/colors/etc. Hopefully they do decide to have me create their invites for them! What a fun next project that would be. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the first one, and the square one the best! You're so creative!!

~Nikki

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It's me....Erika! I was wondering can you do my wedding invitations?!?!?!?!?...LOL! You do such a beautiful job! Hope all is well with your beautiful family. HUGS!