Sunday, May 4, 2008

Change Of Plans

What was planned for this weekend:


  • A nice homemade dinner to start off the weekend

  • A good rented movie to watch when Mia was in bed

  • Running errands with the hubby - including shopping for new pants and getting groceries

  • Looking through my "old body" clothes to see if any could fit my "new body"

  • Cleaning the house, getting it ready for the week to come

  • Completely finishing all the laundry and ironing so hubby wouldn't have to go to work naked

  • A movie night, with good friends, full of popcorn and other goodies

  • A beautiful morning, at church, where we would dedicate Mia to the Lord

  • Lunch with the extended family, celebrating Mia and all that happened at church

  • Working out at the gym

What REALLY happened this weekend:



  • Hubby came home sick from work, so I made chicken broth for him and a turkey sandwich for me

  • Rented a horrible movie that allowed me a few extra hours of sleep, and completely wasted 2 hours of Casey's life

  • Went to bed with a husband who had a fever of 99.5

  • Ran a few errands - barely got the grocery shopping done for the next 2 weeks

  • Invited some good friends over for a movie. I was upstairs the whole night throwing up while they were downstairs feeling sorry for me.

  • Had to wake hubby up from a great dream so he could feed Mia -- I could barely even move

  • Stayed in bed all morning, missing the chance for Mia's dedication

  • Had a single yogurt for breakfast, and a Jamba Juice smoothie for lunch

  • Stripped and washed all of our bedding, hoping to get rid of germs

  • Searched hubby's closet to make sure he had something to possibly wear tomorrow

  • Finally did the dishes

  • Ready for another nap

Here is a picture, courtesy of my husband, of me being sick. After he took them, I said "What in the WORLD are you doing?!" He matter of factly responded, "I figured you'd want them to blog about this experience." It's pretty scary how right he was! Don't I look pathetic? :(




7 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Being sick stinks! Hope you are feeling better.

April said...

Awwww...bless ya heart...Chloe...my mom...and I had the throw up yucks all together a while back...and what a treat it was....feel better friend !!

Tabitha said...

Hope you are feeling better now.
We had the same thing here a few weeks ago ~ myself and 2 children being sick and feeling awful ~ not a fun weekend.
Take care
Hugs
Tabitha XXX

Elise said...

Oh Erin, that sounds like the absolute pits. What a nightmare of a weekend.
I hope you never, ever have another weekend like it.

I hope this comment finds you feeling a whole lot better.

Hugs and love
Elise

Stephanie said...

Oh no! Hopefully you feel better soon and Mia is lucky enough not to come down with anything...

Get Better!!

Little Sweethearts said...

I hope you are feeling better and that Mia didn't catch anything.

Get well soon!

Tania

Anonymous said...

Oh Sammie! I'm so sorry you were sick and that you had a crummy weekend! I hope you feel better VERY soon!

~Nikki