Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We are FAMOUS

Well, it's official...we have bears. I'm not even talking cute, soft, cuddly teddy bears that surround Mia in her room. I'm talking about real life, should be in the zoo, brown bears! NOT joking!

Last night, Casey broke one of our glasses and, since it was trash night and everything was already on the curb, he went to put it outside. Upon doing so, he noticed all these people outside our townhouse with video cameras, along with the news and tons of headlights pointed in the same direction. After the brief fleeting thought of paparazzi, Casey's curiosity was sparked and he ran outside to see what was the "big to do." Up in the tree were two bear cubs and scattered across our lawn was all the trash we had been saving all week! The little bear cubs had sifted through our garbage carefully picking out all of Mia's empty formula bottles. Totally serious! I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the bottles, but I will just to prove it. All the Similac bottles are completely mangled - squished with big teeth marks as if they were trying to get the last few drops!

The news crew told Casey that it would be on the 10 PM news, so we quickly turned it on assuming they were going to make an example out of us -- "Make sure you are careful not to leave food laying around that could attract the beautiful wildlife we live with here in Colorado." They didn't though, because I guess there had been many bear spotting's (momma and 2 cubs) within the last few days, up in our area. The footage they shot right outside our house was " this just in" footage with the little bears climbing up in the trees, licking their lips after such delicious tasting formula. LOL! It gave us a good chuckle.

Needless to say, the garbage men are not going to be too happy with us, as all of our garbage is now decorating the sidewalk (even though Casey tried to clean it up as much as possible) rather than neatly confined to multiple bags.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Your 7 mins of fame! He-He!
Bears are really cute, but not so cute roaming about the neighbourhood!
Love Amanda x

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Yikes! Scary. I don't know that I would have cleaned up the trash with two bear cubs hanging out so close by. I wouldn't want to meet mommy or daddy!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! That's crazy insane! And a little scary? But what a memorable story - you and your formula were on the news - haha!

Have a great day!!

Tabitha said...

Wow ~ that is a bit of excitement!!
Thank goodness we don't have bears here!! ~ I wouldn't fancy meeting one when I went to the bin!!
Hope you are all well
Hugs
tabitha X

Elise said...

Hi Erin

I think your husband is one very brave man. I think I would be way too scared to be out in the front yard if I knew bears (and obviously very hungry, formula eating ones at that) were hanging around the front of my place. Not that I know very much about bears as we don't have them here Down Under.

What a story you will have to tell Mia when she is older.

Love and hugs
Elise