Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little Miss Yellow Convertable

(M&M Day post is forthcoming. Today I shall write about my most bizarre experience that happened yesterday. Some people!)

Yesterday was a day full of errands. In order to enjoy the fun filled day of driving all over the city, I decided to treat myself to some delicious Chick-Fil-A. SUPER Yummy! It happened to be precisely the exact time that everyone and their mom's decided to eat lunch as well, so the restaurant, parking lot, and drive through were all completely chaotic. After driving around the parking lot a few times, I notice a lady getting into her car. I stopped. Put on my turn signal to politely communicate with my fellow Chick-Fil-A goers that I will be moving. I patiently waited, with a cheerful smile, for this lovely lady to move her car. After what seemed like eternity (approximately three minutes) I leaned forward to see if this lady actually wanted to pull out or was going to sit there for the rest of her lunch break. That's when I saw her...Little Miss Yellow Convertible...sitting in the drive through lane flagging me down.

LMYC: "Um, YOU have cars backed up behind you"
Me: *I shrugged and smiled* "Sorry! Waiting for this lady to pull out
LMYC: "Oh! So I guess you don't care. WOW!"
Me: "I don't really think it is any of your business, but I'm just waiting to get a spot to park. Sorry!"
LMYC: "Of COURSE it's my business! You have cars waiting behind you! *HMPH!*"
Me: "Maybe you should just focus on your drive through line...you're moving forward."
LMYC: "WHAT A BRAT!"

Ok. So many things that I actually wanted to say were going through my brain, like, "Who died and made you Chick-Fil-A Police?" And..."If you are so concerned about this, maybe you should get out of your own backed up line and direct traffic." But instead, I rolled up my window and decided not to pay attention to the lady who had nothing better to do than be all up in my business! I couldn't even believe the attitude over something like that. I mean, I'm sure the cars behind me would have honked if they were irritated.

WOW!

6 comments:

Elise said...

Wow, it sure is amazing what can consume some people's minds. Sometimes I feel sorry for people like this, imagine the life they must lead!! Good on you for keeping your cool while being anatagonised by LMYC.

Looking forward to your M&M post.

Love
Elise.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Some people are so wrapped up in themselves! Ughh!

And, I think I used to live by the busiest CFA, ever. There were two drive through lanes and it was ALWAYS busy!

Stephanie said...

I honestly cannot get over some people. They seem to think they are God's Gift to the rest of us or something. It's extremely irritating. Just like my encounter with my co-worker last week (STILL upset about that one).

Hope you had a great rest of the day and LMYC gets over herself soon!

Serah said...

Watch out for those people at Chick-Fil-A at lunch! They get violent! :-)

Hope you were able to enjoy your lunch nonetheless!

April said...

I think you handled that really well...you didnt even resort to rated G naughty words like ding-a-ling and weiner head.

have a happy weekend and dont be holdin' up anymore traffic..

Tabitha said...

Goodness ~ some people just have nothing better to moan about!!
Good for you for just winding up the window and ignoring her!!!
Hope you enjoyed your lunch!
I have most of my 'some people in this world are crazy!!' moments while I am in the car (ha ha!!),
love and hugs, Tabitha XXX