Tuesday, May 6, 2008

M&M Day

Yesterday, was our second M&M day. After a weekend of sickies, I woke up feeling as if nothing had happened within the last few days. Praise the Lord! This was our M&M day and I didn't want anything to spoil it. :)

This particular M&M day was to be filled with many "have to's" and only a few "want to's," but it didn't even matter. Time together is more precious as the days wear on.

After dropping daddy off at work, Mia and I promptly attended her 2 month check-up (already 2 months - WOW). She did wonderfully, weighing in at 10 lbs. and measuring at 23 inches! I was totally shocked. I knew she had grown, but I didn't expect her to shoot up like that! She, of course, was all smiles as the nurses loved up on her. They were totally impressed with how much she was showing off. Then came the awful part -- her first immunizations. There she was, laying on the table, wiggling and giggling then...POKE! She let out the biggest scream I've ever heard (minus the one that happened the first few moments of her life) and could barely breathe she was crying so hard. My heart just ached as I tried to calm her down through the 3 shots she had to get. "Mommy's here...Mommy's here, Princess..." was all I could whisper. Nothing helped until I could pick her up and cradle her close. She gave me this look that said it all - "Why did they have to do that to me?" So precious...my heart just melted.

Then it was off to my friend Tara's house to see her and her new baby. Life has been so crazy, lately, that we haven't been able to get together. Mia and I could hardly wait to meet baby Ian. He was so tiny! Tara looks wonderful too, as she slips right into Mommy-hood. She's a natural.

After spending only 30 minutes (BUMMER) with Tara and Ian, Mia and I were off to get new tires on our car. Hubby and I have been needing to get new tires for a long time, so this was such a blessing to be able to do. My friend Jennifer was there when we arrived (her hubby owns the car shop) so we sat and chatted while my car was getting worked on. The minutes just flew by, which is always nice when you are getting car maintenance done. :)

With only a little nap, dinner preparation, and mommy's doctor appointment squeezed into the last few hours of the day, we finally ended up at daddy's work to finish out our day. It was a beautiful day together in the midst of all our chores and errands.

5 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Such a nice way to spend a healthy day.

For our daughters 2 month check up, my mom was in town, and we all three went...and...we all three cried! It was awful! I couldn't help it. I'm so glad that they get over it quickly and soon forget it even happened.

Stephanie said...

Awww...M&M days sound fun - errands and all!
I did not like the 1st set of shots either. And it doesn't ever seem to get any better. Hearing them cry in pain is never a sound a mother wants to hear. At least she has another 2 months before any more pokes! :)

Allikaye's Mama said...

Hi sissy poo! I'm so glad you all are feeling better! THat sickness just made it through all of us! Shots are still hard to handle at every check-up! Every time I think we are done...but noooo...I think now she has one more at her 18 month -and then not until kindergarten! Thank goodness!! See you this weekend!!! Love ya!

Elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise said...

Hi Erin

The comment above was deleted by me - it didn't make sense.

Your M&M days are perfect and so special, even if they are consumed by chores.

I remember when Savanna had her first immunisations and feeling very nervous, even though I knew I had to remain calm for her and put on a brave face. Thank goodness a cuddle can make everything better.

Love and hugs
Elise.