Tuesday, June 16, 2009

pretty please

Well, I am in week 11, working full-time and running after an ever busy toddler. Though not nearly as strong as my first pregnancy, the morning sickness is starting to get the best of me. Really, the term "morning sickness" is not as accurate as "all day sickness." So, I continue to munch on anything healthy, that doesn't appear dry for fear of gagging, and trying to not allow my weight to skyrocket only to revisit "The Tank" body later on in my pregnancy. I'd rather keep the weight on a more manageable level this time around.

I am having difficulties feeling pretty no matter what I do. Now, I understand that the accumulation of morning sickness, bloated belly and all around exhaustion are the main contributors to the low self-esteem, BUT if any of you have some creative spirit lifting ideas to make a mommy feel special and pretty, I would love to hear them.

On a more exciting note, Mia is growing at a rapid rate. Every day there are new experiences and wonders to behold that make our little Angel say "oh wow" or "wo-oh." She is a bundle of laughter and joy. Some new words she is saying:

Mia-ease:
ah duh (all done)
bopa (papa/grandpa)
baud (bird)
dog dog (dog/bear/any fuzzy animal)
doobadoobadooba (the item she wants right then)
hhhh-aaaut (hot)
ha-CKKKK (hawk - except she clears her throat at the end)
Ima/mamamama (grandma/grandmama)
boop (poop)
boo (book)
dock (rock)
ump (up)
owsigh (outside)

She runs everywhere, has a knack for "organizing" everything, and loves to "read" her book as she sits in her little rocking chair. We are so enjoying the little life the Lord has blessed us with. She brings so much joy to anyone who is around her.

More fun stories to come from the Zoo, our new house projects and other highlights that will make you smile. AND I'll post pictures. :)

No comments: