Friday, June 19, 2009

Mia Adventures

Thursday was a normal evening for us. Ate a delicious meal of homemade chicken noodle soup (no. Seriously. It was from "scratch") then we went about our individual chores before Mia's bedtime. I "eagerly" tackled the pile of dishes taking up residence in the sink, while Casey took Mia outside to water the carefully manicured lawn encouraging more grass growth and ultimate beauty.

I could hear Mia giggling outside as she ran through the sprinklers and spent quality time with Daddy. Eager to be amidst all the fun, I hurried to finish the dishes, cleaned up the counters and dining table, and then my way out the front door to sit on the steps and watch the fun.

As soon as I sat down, my precious little Mia came running up to give me one of her sweet kisses and heart-melting hugs. I just love when she does that! Then, practicing a skill she has mostly mastered, she climbed the stairs and went inside. I followed to get some water for my pretty flowers, and then called to her to come back outside as I went to feed my thirsty blooms. Almost immediately, we heard creeeek and then clunk, latch. Wide-eyed, Casey and I looked at each other with the same question on our minds..."Did you unlock the bottom lock?"

Oh dear! Mia had locked both Mommy and Daddy out of the house. As we frantically tried to remember what possible way we may be able to get in the house, fully aware that both sets of keys and phone were sitting on the kitchen counter, Mia waved at us from inside the window. So, as daddy went barefoot around back (through our backyard affectionately known as the Sahara dessert), mommy peered in through the front window to try and entertain Mia, thus keeping her from running all over in complete chaos. To my delight she was quite entertained with mommy peering through the window at her, waving and making silly faces. At one time, Mia looked at me, pointed at the door, and said "please." HA! I looked at her, without trying to laugh at how adorably innocent that request was, and said "Sweetheart! I can't...you locked mommy out." Obviously she didn't understand with the repeated questions to follow.

Within minutes, Casey found a window that was slightly open in which he could remove the screen and wiggle his way into the house. Mia was so excited to see her daddy, and I was just as relieved.

Note to self...ALWAYS unlock the bottom lock.

1 comment:

KarenRuth said...

Oh my goodness! That is so funny, but also a good reminder. I locked Ady in the car last month. That was great fun. *sigh* Thanks for the reminder to always keep and extra key either for the house or the car. So funny, though. I'm glad it worked out so well, though.