Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Smile Award

I haven't been in blog world for sometime due to many crazy things in my life. However, when I returned yesterday, I found this lovely award posted in my honor, gifted by my beautiful friend Steph. What a fabulous treat to receive from someone I see as above and beyond my measly words. Not only is she a gifted writer, but she is funny, sweet and an overall genuine person. I just know that if we had the chance to sit down and visit, the night would never end! I truly value her friendship and the clever advise and constant encouragement that comes along with.


These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the awards creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com//)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids

Presenting the Smile Award....drum roll pa-lease...

1. Ashley at Raising AlliKaye. My most favorite husband's sister! She is a wonderful mommy who loves her precious daughter with everything she has. Not only is she one of the biggest goofs I know, but she is sincere and honest in everything she does. She loves people whole-hearted and does her best to express that in anyway possible. She is a gifted teacher to so many precious minds, a wonderful wife to her life long friend, and a beautiful woman who seeks after the Lord's heart.

2. Elise at Adventures of E and T. I'm for sure that no one has anything bad to say about this beautiful woman. She is a wonderful creative mom to Sav and Blake, constantly coming up with beautiful new projects and adventures of her little ones. She is always there in the good times and bad, supporting her blog friends completely. She is a wonderful person who I am blessed to get the chance to know.

3. Lindsey at The Crockett Clan. She is a brand new mommy to her precious Makayla. I so enjoy reading Lindsey's blog as I struggle along with her in this new world we call "mommy-hood." She is an open and honest writer, allowing people to see her true beauty through the laughter and pains of life. Not only does she seek to serve her husband and daughter in whatever way she can, she seeks after the Lord and all He has in store for her.

4. Jeni at My Life's Meanderings. If you have never had a chance to experience Jeni, you are missing out! This girl defines beauty from the inside out - complete with the vibrant personality, sparkling eyes, and dynamic love for the Lord. Jeni has always been a close personal friend of ours, and though our paths tend to stray in different directions, those precious times we do have together seem as though no time has passed at all. You always know how special you are when you are with this wonderful friend.

5. OhMommy at Classy Choas. I wish I could sit in the same room as this woman and soak up all her joy and laughter. Her blog is a world in which I can relate. She isn't afraid to admit that life can be a messy beautiful. She is honest and forthright in her writings, using humor all the way. I always leave with a smile on my face.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awwwwww!!! Thanks Erin!!
I'm so very, very honored!!!! :D

Allikaye's Mama said...

Well...wasn't that just the sweetest thing someone has said to me lately!! You are such a wonderful sissy!! Thank you so much my dear!! And you deserve that award right back at ya!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the award! Isnt Steph the greatest?!?!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congrats on your win! And congrats to your winners!

Jeni said...

Aw...shucks! What are you doing making me cry!?!? Thanks for bestowing such an award on me. Blessings to you!

Elise said...

Oh Erin, like Jeni, I also had tears rolling down my face as I read those beautiful things you wrote about me. I am honoured and feel blessed to have "met" you through blogging. Thank you for this award.

I hope you are having a "beauty full" day.

Lots of love and hugs
Elise

Stephanie said...

Erin!! You are too sweet! You are making me blush. I love ya girl!

And I LOVE the new blog design! How cool are you?!