Monday, July 21, 2008

The last week...or so...

I've been racking my brain trying to think of which exciting bit of news I should tell you about. So much has happened, and I feel like I don't have enough time to even tell you about it.

I could tell you about how Mia has suddenly learned how to roll from her back to her tummy. She thinks it is such a fun little game, but gets so frustrated once she is there because she can't figure out how to roll back. Plus her head just gets too heavy to hold up after too long of a time.

I could tell you how, in the last month, I have applied for new jobs, interviewed, accepted, put my two weeks in, went through orientation, and now am sitting in a completely new cubicle. But, seriously, who wants to hear about work?

We could sit here and compare stories on the latest shopping adventures that have occurred since my hubby so generously gave me new monies to spend! We could chat about all the sales I conquered, and the new fabulous clothes that make me look skinnier than I actually am. B-u-t...I don't have any pictures, so you probably would get bored of that story.

I could tell you about all the new ways Mia is growing, and the new foods she is eating now that the salmonella has passed through her body. I could tell you how she loves her peas and absolutely gobbles up the bananas. But, who's baby doesn't like eating real people food?

I could scream with excitement the fact that I am now working in a job that allows for a business casual dress instead of business professional. Goodbye pantyhose and business suites! I have moved on to pants, cute tops, and open toed shoes! Let's face it though...most of the world is already submerged into this wonderful life.

Instead, I can tell you how rested and healthy I feel as of late. No longer do I feel as though I'm carrying the stress of the world on my shoulders. I wake up ready to face the day, excited to see my little ones face, and longing to snuggle in bed with my hubby for just a few more minutes. I feel like a truly blessed woman - a wonderful husband who adores me, and beautiful baby girl who thinks I'm her world, 2 loving families, a great job and a wonderful roof over our heads. Who can ask for anything more?

9 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds like awesome things are happening. Congrats on the new less stressful job.

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you finally got out of the job you were unhappy with and have finally joined the rest of us in business casual. It's grand ain't it?

Congrats on all the new fun things! And you have the right attitude - you are truly blessed girl!

Jeni said...

God is truly blessing you! Yeah! It's a good life!

Isn't she lovely said...

YAY... no more pantyhose!!! I'm looking forward to that day! Only two more months!!

Tabitha said...

Sounds like you have been having a busy time lately. Congratulations on the new job ~ you sound alot happier. Mia is doing so well with all her little milestones.
It is great to have you back blogging again ~ I have missed you!!
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XXX

kate said...

thanks for stopping by. cute family.

Elise said...

Hi Erin

Congratulations on your new job. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling well and rested. That is fantastic.

What a clever little girl Mia is - rolling and gobbling up her tasty food.

Love and hugs
Elise

Serah said...

Congratulations on the new job! It sounds like you love it!

Have a great day!

Little Sweethearts said...

Congratulations on the new job!

I love your new blog layout and header. Seems like you have a little more time on your hands.

L,
Tania