Monday, June 9, 2008

Big Girl Moments

4:32
The clocked glared back at me. 4:32 AM? I blinked. Are you sure? Did I totally sleep through my Mia feeding? Is the monitor on? *breathe in...breathe out...*

SHE DID IT! I was completely shocked...I hadn't felt this rested in a long time. She did it! Little Miss Mia actually slept through the night!

Ok, Erin. Calm down. You still have 28 precious minutes to enjoy sweet slumber before you have to face the day. Go back to sleep and don't spoil this moment!

Oh, how excited I was. My heart was pounding. I just couldn't be more proud of this moment - nor more thankful for a great night sleep.

How should we celebrate, I wonder...hmmmm... GO TO SLEEP, Erin! Now you only have 20 minutes.
Oh...beautiful sleep!

5:00
*Beep Beep Beep* Rise and shine, the alarm says, in it's own very annoying morning way.

Casey! Casey! Mia just slept through the night!

We both jumped out of bed. Tiptoed to her room. Ever so gently opened the squeakiest door in the neighborhood. There she was. Peaceful. Still breathing. Snuggly in her own little bed.

We smiled. Mouthed how cute she was. We are proud parents!

*Hugs to Mia Bella* Mommy and Daddy love you so much!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was smiling reading the whole post! That is SO one of the best feelings isn't it? Congrats to Miss Mia! ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha-- good for you guys in finally getting a full night's rest!

soonercolby said...

What a praise! I hope you celebrate all day long! Go, Mia. :)

Tabitha said...

Wow, that is great ~ A whole nights sleep!!
Little Mia is so good doing that and letting you sleep ~ another mile stone reached ~ Well done Mia!
love and hugs Tabitha XX

Isn't she lovely said...

Wow! Good job Mia!! Maybe she will do that again tonight!!! ;)

Chris said...

It's amazing what sleep deprivation will make you celebrate, isn't it?? I remember counting the days until the 3 month mark because I had read that in a book--like that meant anything! :-) Congratulations!

Elise said...

What a beautiful post that bought a smile to my face. I remember that feeling. Waking up full of panic because for the first time in ages I slept uninterrupted. What a difference a "full" night of sleep makes.

Here's wishing you many more nights of uninterrupted sleep Erin. Way to go Mia!!

Love
Elise

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Yay, Mia! It's so nice (a bit scary the first time), but soooooo much better! Enjoy your sleep!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Hooray for Mia!

Little Sweethearts said...

Let this be the first of many!!!

Tania
PS: my alarm goes off at 6.30 and I already think that that is early...