Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Love letter to my son

If you scour this blog (which I haven't written in consistently for awhile), I have yet to mention the newest member of our family, born to us on July 10, 2012.

This is our son, Kasen Baylor:



This letter is written with only words that a mother can pour out for her dear son.

My dear, sweet son ~
Words can't express the joy that filled my heart when I heard those words whispered "it's a boy!" Oh sweet boy, how I had prayed years for you believing that maybe a little boy wasn't in the future for me. Prior to finding out we were pregnant with you, your daddy and I struggled with the loss of another baby which broke mommy's heart. As the due date neared for the baby we lost too soon, I nearly gave up on trying for another child for a little while. The due date came and passed for our lost baby, only to find out shortly later that you were alive within me!

Oh sweet boy, I could hardly contain my excitement. The whole situation seemed so surreal with the perfect timing set only by our Lord. All the preparations for your arrival seemed sweeter, surviving the struggle of pregnancy seemed that much easier, and even labor was less painful knowing we were blessed with you.

In your short 10 weeks of life, the joy you have brought me has been immense. There is a certain bond between a mother's heart and her son that I cannot seem to explain. I long to protect you. I long to show you how to be the sweetest boy and young man; to make sure that you learn the act of chivalry and how to protect all those around you. I earnestly pray that you will fall in love Jesus and become a godly man and leader of your future family. I pray for your future wife and the love that you both will undoubtedly have. But before the future engulfs my thoughts, I hope only that your arms never get tired of wrapping around your momma. That you will forever indulge me in sweet kisses on your chubby cheeks and allow me to always call you my sweet baby boy.

I look forward to the weeks, months and years that we will have with you. The Lord has truly blessed us with this time to raise you and get to know you. How honored we are. I love you sweet boy. Always remember how much you are loved and that you were prayed for, day in and day out. The Lord answered my prayer with you!

Love, Mommy


No comments: