Thursday, March 4, 2010

So now you are 2...



My beautiful Mia,

Staring into your chubby little face on March 4, 2008, my heart flip-flopped with amazement that the Lord has blessed me with you for a short time in your life. Your helpless body and beautiful eyes captured my heart as my mind eagerly filled with all the "what" questions I could think of.

What color will her hair be?
What kind of personality has the Lord created within you?
What will you choose to eat above anything else?
What will you think of your mommy?
What will be your first word?

And the questions went on and on as my heart fell more and more in love with you.

Today you turn two and I wonder, in amazement, where the time has gone. Already you are changing before my eyes as you throw a football with your daddy dressed up in all your pretty things. You are coloring with intent, helping "clean" around the house, and mimicking my every move. You carry your pink purse with such elegance while talking on your phone to all that are dear to you. No one goes unnoticed in your world, as your love for all is packed into the most precious of hugs ready to give to anyone who will receive.

You light up our lives Mia Bella and I love you so much. I hope this birthday is as special as you are expecting, and I pray that we have many more.

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Precious letter and even more precious picture!!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a sweet letter. Happy birthday to your little Mia.