Thursday, March 25, 2010

The artist in my house

As I entered the house from the garage, my husband greeted me with an over sized bundle of Mia's bedding carefully balanced in his arms. The look on his face said it all, though he quickly began to tell me that Mia's poop was all over the room and that I needed to help him.

Shocked, and quite amused that my husband had found himself in this situation, I climbed the stairs. The sound of splashing caught my ears as Mia had hastily been placed in the tub as the only sane option of cleaning her up. I looked around her bedroom amazed at the artwork that carefully decorated all the pretty parts of her room and as Casey began the story, I grabbed the cleaning elements hoping to erase the traces of creative license littering the carpeted floor, bookcases, chair and door frames.

Carefully articulated, Casey began:
"I was downstairs feeding Lilia when I heard Mia start crying. 'Great,' I thought, 'She had an accident.' I put Lilia down and headed upstairs. As I opened the door, there was Mia, tears streaming down her face, with a whole pile clutched in her hand. I panicked and as I looked around the room I thought 'What in the world was she trying to do?'"

I chuckled to myself, not wanting encourage such behavior, but honestly seeing the humor in the whole situation! I knew once it was all cleaned up, Casey would see the humor too, but in the moment he was definitely irritated (another humor point for me.)

Ahh, yes...potty training a two year old! Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm just glad there were no pictures! lol
Oh the joys of parenthood!!!