Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My top ten

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, and Internet access limited today, I am feverishly jotting down my Thanksgivings. At first I thought, don't do anything corny like a top ten or anything. But. Really? Is the tradition of listing out that which one is thankful for really all that corny? I don't want to commit a major blog faux pas, but I embrace the importance of truly remembering all those things that I take for granted and should always remember to be thankful for.

Without further ado, my top ten thanksgivings:

  1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who bears my horrible sins upon His own shoulders in order to rescue me from an eternity of despair and utter damnation
  2. My husband who loves me through all my flaws, idiosyncrasies, and stretch marks
  3. My beautiful daughter who lights up my face and my heart at the mere mention of her name
  4. A family who loves me through thick and thin, and who decided that normal just wasn't going to be them
  5. Friends that are there to the very end...even when the distance seems cavernous
  6. A job that helps provide for our family financially and bring me a little bit of joy throughout the day
  7. A house, two vehicles, lots of "stuff" and all the other little comforts that put me in the world-wide minority rather than majority
  8. A country that allows me to practice my beliefs and live my own life without fear of losing it
  9. Belonging to a church that believes in preaching the truth, protecting orphans and widows, and being involved in the community we live in
  10. The gifts and abilities that the Lord has blessed me with for a certain purpose, revealed at only those perfect moments

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Try looking at things optimistically this weekend. You truly do have it better than you probably remember.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Very sweet list!
We really do have so much to be thankful for and I'm glad Jesus is your #1!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I hope it's a wonderful day! Time sure does fly...9 months soon! Wow! :D

Jeni said...

I love your Top Ten Thankful list! yeah!

Tabitha said...

That is a lovely list Erin!
Have a happy day,
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I think those would likely be my top 10, too...well, expect my job would be further on the list:)

Great list.

Isn't she lovely said...

We are thankful for YOU!!!

Love you! Great top 10 list by the way!