Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Good mom book"

Over my few months of parenting, there are many things I have learned that not only spur my daughter on to greatness, but allow her the ability to be herself and explore all the ways this can be achieved. Through wise council, a library of full of those who have paved the road before me, and pure mother instinct, I pass on these few tidbits to you.

Good nutrition. I have all the basics to cover the "color wheel" of nutrition. I'm teaching her to not be a picky eater and to enjoy the meal times we have together. She loves the dinner table, talking to Jesus (unless she's a Hungry Hippo), and entertaining us with the many different sounds that truly mean "more please." She's a good, healthy eater....no one will ever accuse her of eating like a bird!
Appropriate dress. Yes. I'm already teaching the importance of accessorizing. I tell her that, of course you don't need those cute, size 2 shoes, but they sure make the outfit! Alongside this important concept, I am teaching her the importance of bundling up and above all, how to be modest and not over-expose to those young little boys.

Self-esteem. We always laugh at each other. We laugh at daddy. We laugh at mommy. And we laugh at Mia. Mia will always know that her personality is exactly perfect the way she is. Not only that, there is concern in our eyes when we sense something wrong. And there is excitement on our face when something is positive and good natured. Mia will be raised in an environment where expressing your feelings and concerns are never looked down upon or brushed aside.

Physical Fitness. We have a strict policy with Mia to always put the time into her overall fitness level. With a mandatory amount of arm curls, we control the amount of flab hanging off Mia's cute little arm.









Ta-DA!!!!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Adorable pictures!!
Makayla loves playing with my weights too!!
They're so fun, aren't they? Too bad we can't get them together for a play date....

Jeni said...

Cute!
I'm so glad that Mia has the arm curls down. Way to instill physical fitness into her at a young age. ;-)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a doll!

And a good mom for teaching her such important things!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

I love that smile. Great post...I love what you said about picky eaters and self-esteem.

Isn't she lovely said...

You might want to take the price tag off the weights! Just a though if she is going to be using them all the time! hehe!!