Wednesday, August 27, 2008

She speaks

At first, we were unaware of the magical step Miss Mia just took. She lay on the floor, staring as mommy took each bite of her delicious food. It started with a few whimpers and waving her hand up in the air, fingers moving back and forth. Then more fuss came out of that cute little mouth with both hands in the air, fingers moving. Then it was all out screams, hands moving furiously.

*Light bulb*

Mia was signing to mommy! Not only was she signing, but she was SCREAMING with her hands by the time I actually realized what was going on. It is actually quite comical to watch her throw a temper-tantrum with her hands. (Though, naughty-ness should never be rewarded)




"Milk! Mommy...I want Milk!"

I am so proud of her! I thought it would take much more time for her to catch on to her Baby Einstein videos. But she knows what she wants!

8 comments:

Tara said...

I love it! I just started trying to teach Ian "milk" too. I can't wait until he signs it back to me! What a smartie Mia is!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Yay, Mia! That's cool!

Stephanie said...

Awww! I bet she is adorble doing that! You should try to catch it on film ;)

Bethany said...

HELLO!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! It is always fun to get comments and then take a peek into the world of a stranger! I know I have been on here before because I recognize your daughter's name, but it must have been a while!

Anyway, super cute blog you have!! Your little Mia Bella is darling!!

tiarastantrums said...

cute - I used sign lagnuage with all my kids too! Works awesome!!

Blog Stalker said...

After a preemie who needed to learn sign because of delayed speech ability, I am a HUGE fan of signing. You HAVE to get the signing time DVD's. They are the best.

And now I am singing(and signing in my head) "I want ice cream on my pizza" (get the DVD's, you'll understand.

Great Post and Congrats to lil miss smarty pants.

Crystal said...

Love LOVE LOVE signing...wish we had started sooner with my little one! it's like cracking a code or something...suddenly there IS understanding!! very nice for all those involved! :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

soonercolby said...

Ooh, what Baby Einstein videos?? I can't wait to get Charlotte into them.