Monday, October 8, 2012

Kasen's Dedication

For each of our children, the moment that we have been able to dedicate them to the Lord has been a really special for us as parents. Consequently, we have tried to make it a big occasion, celebrating with family and friends the wonderful gift that the Lord has entrusted us with.

This Sunday, we had the pleasure of dedicating Kasen, 3 months old, back to the Lord. As parents, Casey and I consider it a blessing to stand humbly with our family, admitting that our child is a gift to us for a time, fully belonging to God and what He has in store for his life. We believe that the Lord has wonderful things in store for our son, and commit to raise him according to His ways so that our son can learn to love and know the same God that we serve.


Following the ceremony, we do what we do best...PARTY! Everyone came over for a potluck lunch and yummy desserts. We fellowship, laugh, and watch the kids run around. All in all it was a special day for us, one that we pray stays on our hearts for the years to come.

(I have a great video of the event that will not upload for some reason. Hopefully I'll have it up soon.)

"Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had hold plans for you: A prophet to the nations -- that's what I had in mind for you."
Jeremiah 1:5 MSG



No comments: