Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sleepy Baby


At three months, Mia was sleeping through the night for the most part, and though I know each child is different, at six months I still cannot get Lilia on a consistent night time routine. Her day time routine is fairly set, to the extreme, where she will let you know if you aren't following it for some reason. For a week her daytime routine seemed to be the cure as she slept each night through; now it's a guessing game as to what odd time awakings today will bring. In fact, the last two nights she has been up every two hours.  She doesn't need anything particular when I hear her sweet voice come filtering through the monitor. Instead, she is cheerful, talking and grinning as if to say "Good morning! Time to wake up."

Sometimes she wants to rock back to sleep, other times a soft kiss good night and a fresh go at her paci will suffice. No matter the extent of the visit, she's still awake and I am awake as well (if you call fumbling around delirious, awake.)

I am at a loss as to what to try next. If anyone has some creative ideas I will excitedly welcome them, as this full time working mommy of two is exhausted!

No comments: