Monday, December 15, 2008

One of the best...in a long time

This weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. I title it My Birthday Weekend…not to be confused with My Birthday Week, which follows the actual birth day.

Thursday night was a beautiful evening. Mia stayed with Grandpa and Grandma while Casey and I went to a Christmas banquet at the Antlers Hilton. We got all dressed up for our “night on the town.” It was so much fun being out and about, and a nice treat not having the pink diaper bag and baby stroller in tow.

Friday we spent the day just the two of us. We slept in, and then lounged around making a delicious egg casserole for breakfast and not actually getting ready for the day until about noon. After lunch at a “hole in the wall” Chinese restaurant, we did a little window shopping at the mall and then headed off to watch…duh-duh-duuuuh

"The Day the Earth Stood Still"

The movie was, um, ok. Not my favorite of all time, but it was fun to be out at the theaters! I took advantage of a little snuggling and the feeling like I was on a real date!

After the movie, we headed to my parents house for a birthday celebration! And…SURPRISE!!!! My brother, Nate, surprised me a with a weekend visit for my birthday! I was so ecstatic! I haven’t seen him in so long, and am not going to be able to see him until after Christmas.

Saturday, Casey took me up to the Cheesecake Factory, in Denver, for dinner – which actually turned into just dessert since the wait for dinner was almost 2 hours. I do love being in the city. We had Mia bundled up in the stroller and we walked around downtown, enjoying the city feel and all the Christmas lights. Mia’s little finger was going crazy as she pointed to all the fun and interesting things catching her attention. It was so adorable, especially as her cute little cheeks began to show a red, frosty tint. She, of course, fell asleep in the middle of dinner, so we wrapped her up in a coat and allowed her to sleep in the booth. Seriously, life is so much better when you are all together!

Sunday…equals…MY BIRTHDAY! I absolutely love my birthday! I woke up and there was a beautiful blanket of snow covering Colorado Springs. With flurries in the air, I knew it was going to be a perfect day. We went to church where the pastor spoke on a wonderful subject. It just touched both Casey and I in our current situation. Then we headed off to the mall (again…seriously. I got my husband there twice in one weekend!) for some birthday shopping and casual dining! It was so fun. Mia and I headed off to spend birthday money, as Casey went to by me some birthday presents. It was so lovely. After an afternoon of present opening and long winter naps, we closed the evening with one of the best movies made this year…

"P.S. I Love You"… seriously, everyone should watch this movie. I absolutely love it!
It was a wonderful weekend, full of anything “birthday” I could think of…LOVELY!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Sounds like you had a lovely celebration!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to another December Baby, like myself! And, you share my sisters birthday. Too funny!

I'm glad you had a date night and had a surprise from your brother. And PS I Love You makes me literally bawl my eyes out! But it's very good...

Now, enjoy your birthday week!

Tabitha said...

Sounds great ~ Happy birthday ~ so pleased that you had such a wonderful time!
Love and hugs XXXX

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad you had such a good birthday!

And, PS I love you is such a tear jerker, but I love it.

Little Sweethearts said...

Happy Birthday!

L,
Tania

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Happy Birthday! I love the movie p.s. i love you. So glad you had a great birthday!