Monday, September 15, 2008

dum-duh-dumdum

My brother and his way totally awesome, Eric doesn't deserve her, fiance are getting married this weekend. In Seattle. Washington. Yup. Our first plane ride with Mia, and, since they now charge for every piece of packed luggage, we are carrying everything on. The challenge: packing 3 super cute, totally doesn't scream mom, outfits, with adorable shoes, that fits into half of the shared carry-on sized suitcase. But. Friends! I'm doing it. I have completely exhausted all of my resources in understand all the rules and regulations for infant travel - I'm good to go.

Reasons I'm nervous:
1. Mia is in her squealing - did I mention squealing? - stage
2. Mia doesn't understand "shhhh..."
3. Security may mistake my baby formula for cocaine
4. What if I don't have enough pairs of shoes?!

But, mostly, I'm excited for this little trip we finally get to take as a family. It is going to be so fun spending time with other family members and celebrating Eric and Emily's wedding!

Any advise on infant travel? I'm all ears!

So Long!

6 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Have a great trip.

Traveling with an infant..make sure she is sucking (paci, bottle, cup, etc) during take off and landing. It helps with their little ears.

As far as the squealing/crying, just remember planes are really loud and most people probably won't hear her!

Good luck and have fun!

Lindsey said...

Hey there! Good luck on the plane ride!! Makayla and I are going back to Cali tomorrow...I'm nervous, but she was soooo good on her way to Ohio, so I'm also optimistic.

My advice: Have no expectations. Roll with the punches.
Mia will probably do better than you expect. Keep her occupied with anything and everything you can and she'll be good to go!

Makayla had a huge blowout on the way here...like poop EVERYWHERE and I totally had to change her on the floor in the back of the plane. Yeah, fun. But my mom was there...this time I'm flying solo...literally. :) Have a safe flight!!

Isn't she lovely said...

Okay, as a Flight Attendant... this is what I would tell you!

First, let the Flight Attendants know that this is Mia's first flight. They will think she is so cute and help you with whatever you need.

By letting them know it is her first flight, if she does cry (it is ok!) then they won't think you are just ignoring her and she is a brat. They will try and help you with her.

Second, let her suck on her paci or a bottle on takeoff and landing.

Third, RELAX!! She will be able to tell if you are stressing and she will stress!

That is my advice as a Flight Attendant!

My advice as your sister... have fun and I'll see you tomorrow!

Love you!

Tabitha said...

I hope that the flight and everything goes ok,
Have a fantastic time at the wedding, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back (take lots of photos ~ I love weddings!!)
love and hugs XXXXX

Stephanie said...

I hope everything goes well for you and your trip with Mia. I'm anxious to hear how she did on the plane. Mostly because Miss Karys is no longer allowed on a plane - it was horrid!

Much Love!

Amy C said...

Just dropped in from The Mom Blogs. You've got a really cute family!